Healthy & Active Before 5Â Action Plan
We developed an Action Plan with 8 principles which emphasize the importance of making changes within our county to make the healthy choice the easy choice.Â Learn more by visiting our MissionÂ page.
- HAB45 Action Plan âˆ’ Includes 2006 local obesity data, community input and program ideas. (2.85mb PDF; 20 pages)
- Executive Summary (840k PDF; 4 pages)
Pledge the Practice, Pass the Policy
Healthy & Active Before 5 wants each of our community partners to become a role model for healthy eating and good nutrition. You can help by adopting at least one (& up to 4) policies aimed at reducing childhood obesity. Learn more by visiting our Pledge the Practice, Pass the Policy page. Download ourÂ 6 model policies!
- HAB45 Tip sheets – suggestions and information on serving healthy food and beverages and preparing a space for breastfeeding at your agency! HAB45_handouts_final(1).pdf
Download our mini-grant application:Â Â HAB45 Mini-grant Application
First 5 Contra Costa/HAB45 Social Marketing Campaign
Healthy and Active Before 5 and First 5 Contra Costa have launched Â a hard-hitting campaign urging parents to protect their toddlers and preschoolers from sugary drinks, and to serve water instead.Â Visit our website CutSugaryDrinks.org for more information.
- Sugar Bites: Boy and juice box.pdf
- Sugar Bites: Girl and soda can.pdf
- Sugar Bites: Girl and soda can (spanish).pdf
- Sugar Bites: Soda Can brochure (english).pdf
- Sugar Bites: Soda Can brochure (spanish).pdfÂ Â Â (Brochures take a long time to download and heavy)
Plan to Play
We believe that outdoor play is the best way to incorporate physical activity in your childâ€™s day.
- Pittsburg Parks Assessment Report and Executive Summary
- Antioch Parks Assessment Report and Executive Summary
- San Pablo Parks Assessment Report and Executive Summary
- Contra Costa Health Plan has put together aÂ brochure with helpful tips and resourcesÂ that takes the worry out of outdoor play. Plan to Play BrochureÂ –English ( pdf 829 KB)Â Â Spanish ( pdf 829 KB)
- Â We’ve mapped great play spaces in the city of Pittsburg, Bay Point and Antioch
- “Let’s Go To The Park – Richmond Iron Triangle” Flyer (English and Spanish)
- â€œLetâ€™s Go To The ParkÂ – Pittsburgâ€Â Flyer ( English and Spanish )
- â€œLetâ€™s Go To The ParkÂ – Antiochâ€Â Flyer ( English and Spanish)
- â€œLetâ€™s Go To The ParkÂ – Bay Pointâ€Â Flyer ( English and Spanish )
Exposure to unhealthy marketing in television and other materials can lead to unhealthy habits. Read more by visiting our blog postÂ “Too much TV is unhealthy for kids”.