Our goal is to prevent obesity in kids age 0-5, by building partnerships and environments for healthy eating and active play.
Healthy and Active Before 5 (HAB45) is a collaborative project in Contra Costa County.
Find a policy you can use.Adopt a new healthy policy (like one of these) and your agency can become a role model for good health.
Our work. Our priorities.
- tanya carrington on Pogo Park brings new life to Elm Playlot in Richmond
- Pogo Park brings new life to Elm Playlot in Richmond | Healthy and Active Before 5 on Pledge the Practice. Pass the Policy!
- Take young children outside to play! | Healthy and Active Before 5 on Action Plan
- Parents fight to keep kids healthy.. AWESOME! | Love, Health and Advocacy on Parents Groups take action with the help of First 5 Contra Costa
- Children need to drink water. | Healthy and Active Before 5 on Pledge the Practice. Pass the Policy!
Tag Archives: water
Yes, we have some strong opinions. Kids should be offered water when they are thirsty. Young children should not be given soda, punch and colorful “drinks.” Children shouldn’t have more than 4-6 ounces of 100% fruit juice a day — … Continue reading
Monument Crisis Center staff shown with a new water cooler, funded by a HAB45 mini grant! When Healthy and Active Before 5 announced our policy agenda to promote environmental change within local organizations, Monument Crisis Center was the first of … Continue reading