Healthy & Active Before 5 is seeking a highly motivated, organized, and passionate Program Associate! Details and application instructions are below.
||Program Associate: Healthy & Active Before 5
||HAB45 Program Director
|| Exempt X Non-exempt
Healthy & Active Before 5 (HAB45) is a Contra Costa collaborative that advances health equity through local policy and environmental changes to support the health and well-being of children ages 0-5 and their families.
HAB45 is guided by its Executive Committee, comprised of leaders from the early childhood, health care, and public health fields. The broader collaborative is made up of over 80 non-profit organizations, service providers, policymakers, and other stakeholders who share HAB45’s vision of a Contra Costa where all children are free to play, learn, and grow in strong, healthy, equitable communities.
The Program Associate, under direction of the Program Director, will implement HAB45’s programs and support the Director in carrying out operations and communications activities for the collaborative.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities
||A. Program Management & Collaborative Support
- Manage HAB45’s Pledge the Practice, Pass the Policy program which supports healthy organizational policy change. This includes doing outreach to identify organizations, providing technical assistance in the development of policies, processing mini-grant administrative requirements, and maintaining a database of passed policies.
- Support partnerships for park equity and other activities with technical assistance, research, and administrative tasks as needed. This can include conducting community outreach, facilitation, and presentations.
- Coordinate logistical aspects of semi-annual Leadership Council events
- Work with Director to build new local and regional partnerships; represent HAB45 at partner meetings
- Internal: Facilitate meeting reminders and other communications between staff and Executive Committee
- External: Oversee regular electronic newsletters, press releases, and other communications with collaborative members, community organizations, policymakers, and other stakeholders
- Maintain HAB45 website and social media accounts, keeping information up to date and posting local success stories, policy advocacy, best practice research, resources, and tools to advance collaborative goals and activities
C. Operational & Administrative Support
- Assist Program Director in tracking progress toward grant deliverables, and assist with the preparation of grant proposals and reports
- Prepare agenda, materials, and minutes for monthly Executive Committee meetings
- Additional tasks based on collaborative needs and staff capacity
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. As HAB45’s fiscal agent, CocoKids management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in public health, education, policy nutrition, non-profit management, or related field and one to three years of demonstrated experience in program coordination, management, or administrative support (An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered).
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Proficiency with Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and social media platforms
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of community engagement, social justice, and equity. Participation or leadership in advocacy campaigns at the local or regional levels preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment and familiar with the flexibility, communication skills, and processes required for working in coalitions
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects efficiently and with a high level of attention to detail
|Physical & Mental Demands
- Ability to meet deadlines, work in a fast-paced environment, and manage stress
- Willingness to model healthy practices and comply with HAB45’s healthy eating and physical activity policies
- Willing to travel within Contra Costa County, including occasional evening and weekend hours for meetings and events
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Reliable transportation, valid California driver’s license, and insurance (*)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DMV Background Check and Auto Liability Insurance Requirement:
(*) This position is subject to
- periodic DMV background checks for driving record
- maintaining a valid CA driver’s license (*)
- maintaining a current CA Evidence of Liability Insurance (**)
If an applicant is moving from out-of-state, the applicant must possess a valid California driver’s license within the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) guidelines, normally within ten (10) days of an address change. A copy of the new valid California driver’s license must be provided to Human Resources Department.
Employee will sign a “Notice and Authorization for Motor Vehicle Report” form.
(*) Employee must inform their direct supervisor and Human Resources representative immediately:
- if his/her California driver’s license is denied, expired, suspended or revoked
- if ticketed for a moving violation by a law enforcement agency while operating motor vehicle while conducting HAB45 business
||The Program Associate will work 30 hours per week based out of HAB45’s Concord office. This is a non-exempt position, with a salary between $38,000 and $42,000 depending on experience. HAB45’s fiscal sponsor, CocoKids, offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 403b, education reimbursements, and paid time off.
Position is open until filled. Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org