Our goal is to prevent obesity in kids age 0-5, by building partnerships and environments for healthy eating and active play.
Healthy and Active Before 5 (HAB45) is a collaborative project in Contra Costa County.
Find a policy you can use.Adopt a new healthy policy (like one of these) and your agency can become a role model for good health.
Our work. Our priorities.
- tanya carrington on Pogo Park brings new life to Elm Playlot in Richmond
- Pogo Park brings new life to Elm Playlot in Richmond | Healthy and Active Before 5 on Pledge the Practice. Pass the Policy!
- Take young children outside to play! | Healthy and Active Before 5 on Action Plan
- Parents fight to keep kids healthy.. AWESOME! | Love, Health and Advocacy on Parents Groups take action with the help of First 5 Contra Costa
- Children need to drink water. | Healthy and Active Before 5 on Pledge the Practice. Pass the Policy!
Author Archives: admin
by Diane Dooley MD The Institute of Medicine (IOM) has had a long history of guiding national health policy in critically important health issues. In 2010, they brought together experts in early childhood obesity to propose policies to prevent early … Continue reading