Healthy & Active Before 5 is seeking a passionate, motivated advocate for children’s health equity to serve as Program Associate! A full description of the position is below. Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Title:||Program Associate: Healthy & Active Before 5|
|Reports To:||HAB45 Program Director|
|FLSA Status:||□ Exempt X Non-exempt|
|Job Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, and Requirements|
Healthy & Active Before 5 (HAB45) is a Contra Costa Collaborative that advances health equity through local policy and environmental changes to support the health and well-being of children ages 0-5 and their families.
HAB45 is guided by its Executive Committee, comprised of leaders from the early childhood, health care, and public health fields. The broader collaborative is made up of over 80 non-profit organizations, service providers, policymakers, and other stakeholders who share HAB45’s vision of a Contra Costa where all children are free to play, learn, and grow in strong, healthy, equitable communities.
The Program Associate, under direction of the Program Director, will implement HAB45’s programs and support the Director in carrying out operations and communications activities for the collaborative.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities||
A. Program Management & Collaborative Support
C. Operational & Administrative Support
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. As HAB45’s fiscal agent, CocoKids management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
· Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in public health, early childhood, education, policy, nutrition, non-profit management, or related field and one to three years of demonstrated experience in program coordination, management, or administrative support (An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered)
· Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills (Bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred)
· Proficiency with Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and social media platforms
· Demonstrated commitment to principles of robust community engagement, social justice, and equity
· Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment with the professionalism, communication skills, and flexibility necessary for working with partner organizations
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects efficiently and with a high level of attention to detail
|Physical & Mental Demands||
· Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress
· Willingness to model healthy practices and ability to comply with HAB45’s healthy eating and physical activity policies
· Willing to travel within Contra Costa County, including occasional evening and weekend hours for meetings and events
· Reliable transportation, valid California driver’s license, and insurance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
|Position Details||The Program Associate will work 30 hours per week. This is a non-exempt position with a salary between $25 and $28 per hour, depending on experience. HAB45’s fiscal sponsor, CocoKids, offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 403b, education reimbursements, and paid time off.
Position is open until filled. Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com