We believe that outdoor play is the best way to incorporate physical activity in your child’s day.
Contra Costa Health Plan has put together a brochure with helpful tips and resources that takes the worry out of outdoor play.
- Too cold? Bring a jacket and a hat! Children don’t get sick from playing outside in the cold.
- Bring jump ropes, frisbee, chalk or beach balls to cut down on costs and invite others to join in.
- Set limits on tv time and increase the amount of outdoor time to play and be active as a family
Print out our Pittsburg Play Map
Healthy and Active Before 5, and the East County Regional Group put together a flyer that lists our favorite play locations in the city of Pittsburg..
- Highlands Ranch : Plenty of green fields for your child try out different sports.
- Stoneman 3 different play structures to prevent boredom and
- Take the bus to the new Mariner Park..a great, clean neighborhood!
TIP: Get in some heart pumping activity by playing ‘race cars’ or ‘chase the bubbles’ before allowing ‘free play’ on the slides.
Download “Let’s Go To The Park – Pittsburg” Flyer (English and Spanish 1.13 MB)
**Read more about the East County Regional Group’s test drive of Pittsburg Parks: What’s the Best Park in Pittsburg? | Take 5 – First 5 Contra Costa Blog