The next Healthy and Active Before 5 Leadership Council meeting is coming up soon. With only 2 meetings per year, this is an event NOT to be missed!
We are very excited about the success of our recent mini-grant challenge and the 10+ new healthy food, beverage and breastfeeding accommodation policies put in place since our Community Summit. Together, let’s applaud our colleagues …and celebrate their important achievements.
We want your expertise and input. First 5 Contra Costa and Healthy and Active Before 5 are working together with Brown·Miller Communications, Inc to develop a 3-year social marketing campaign to reduce young childhood obesity in Contra Costa County. Our Leadership Council was instrumental in shaping the HAB45 Action Plan, we need your help again to shape this work ahead.
At our meeting, Mike Miller (President of Brown·Miller Communications ) will speak about…
- How social marketing can change behaviors and social norms.
- The important interaction between policy efforts and marketing messages.
- Local involvement of our Leadership Council agencies and community residents.
The Brown·Miller team will work closely with Healthy and Active Before 5 and First 5 Contra Costa to develop clear impactful messages that encourage adoption of healthier behaviors… as well as crafting innovative strategies to disseminate and promote those messages to key audiences, influencers and policymakers.
Also on our July 14th agenda:
- Learn how movement and play can benefit your agency and clients.
- See how healthy and tasty a morning meeting can be.
- Meet some of our newest members.